The Mathematics Bachelors Degree Program at Peru State College has two options, a mathematics option and a Mathematics Education option. Both programs consist of a strong core to provide a foundation for more advanced courses and a set of additional courses that prepare the student for the education field, for advanced study in graduate school, or to begin a career in industry.
What makes the program unique?
- Comprehensive curriculum emphasizing introducing mathematics students to both applied mathematics as well as mathematical theory.
- Instructional format permitting students personal and extended contact with faculty and individualized guidance throughout all coursework.
- The mathematics program is reviewed on a continual basis and the curriculum is updated to meet industry standards.
- We introduce students to new mathematics technologies including computer algebra systems (Geometers Sketchpad, Desmos, maxima, octave, R, …) and mathematical typesetting tools (Word, LaTeX, …).
- Opportunities to provide tutoring to other students on campus.
What sets faculty apart from other colleges?
- A faculty that is dedicated to undergraduate education and advancement of students in mathematics.
- Participate in research seminar with students so that students can apply and advance their studies in mathematics.
- Excellent placement rate for students seeking education positions and graduate degrees.
- Classrooms and laboratories to provide instruction using a wide range of media.
- Excellent equipment for homework and research.
- On-campus daycare facility.