|Dual Enrollment is a program offered at Peru State College where well-qualified high school juniors or seniors can earn college credit either through an online course or in their high school classroom. Additional information can be found below or in Peru State’s 2018-2019 Dual Enrollment Catalog.|
Advantages of Dual Enrollment
There are several advantages to participating in the Dual Enrollment Program offered through Peru State College, such as:
- Earning credit that meets both high school and college requirements is an efficient outcome for the considerable amount of effort you invest.
- Courses will transfer to most colleges and universities and will count toward a general studies requirement or elective requirement which will save the student time. Students should check with their intended college to determine transferability prior to enrollment in courses. Most institutions will only accept transfer credit for students earning a “C” or higher in the course.
*Students may request a transcript online upon completion of the course through the Student Records Office.
- Students will pay less than a third of the cost of a normal college course through the Dual Enrollment Program creating a money savings.
A student must be affiliated with a school or school district located in the state of Nebraska in order to take part in the Peru State Dual Enrollment Program. A list of participating schools may be found here.
Why Take Dual Enrollment Courses with Peru State?
Peru State Dual Enrollment students receive several benefits, including:
- Access to Peru State College’s Library and its resources
- Blackboard Tech Support available via email or phone, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT daily
- Peru State College-issued email address
Student Application Process
Students are required to complete the online Dual Enrollment Application and have their parent/guardian complete the Parent Authorization Form. Counselors are required to complete the Counselor approval process.
For instructions on the online application process, please see the links below:
High School Guidance Counselor Approval Process
Traditional Dual Enrollment
At participating high schools, students enroll in courses for Dual Credit taught by their high school instructor, whose qualifications are reviewed by Peru State College, within the high school classroom. Students receive credit for the coursework from both their high school and Peru State College. More Information
Online Dual Enrollment
Students enroll in an online course through Peru State College that is taught by a Peru State instructor, while having a high school mentor who will monitor students’ progress and provide assistance and guidance when needed. Online courses utilize Blackboard as the education platform. Students receive credit for the coursework from both their high school and Peru State College. More Information
Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program at Peru State College:
- Be juniors or seniors;
- Be chosen carefully and recommended by the high school academic staff;
- Meet the prerequisites of the courses;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of ‘B’ or its equivalent or better; or rank in the top half of their high school class; or earn an ACT composite score of at least twenty (20) or an equivalent score on another valid assessment
Information on Dual Enrollment tuition as well as the ACE Scholarship can be found here.