|Dual Enrollment is a program offered at Peru State College where well-qualified high school juniors or seniors can earn college credit either through an online course or in their high school classroom. Additional information can be found below or in Peru State’s 2018-2019 Dual Enrollment Catalog.|
Student Application Process
Students are required to complete the online Dual Enrollment Application and have their parent/guardian complete the Parent Authorization Form. Counselors are required to complete the Counselor approval process.
For instructions on the online application process, please see the links below:
NEW Dual Enrollment Student Application Process
RETURNING Dual Enrollment Student Application Process
High School Guidance Counselor Approval Process
Traditional Dual Enrollment
Students enroll for courses for dual enrollment taught by their high school instructor within the high school classroom. More Information
Online Dual Enrollment
Students enroll in an online course through Peru State College, and have a high school mentor, to receive credit for the coursework through high school and Peru State College. More Information
Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Dual Enrollment program at Peru State College:
- Be juniors or seniors;
- Be chosen carefully and recommended by the high school academic staff;
- Meet the prerequisites of the courses;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of ‘B’ or its equivalent or better; or rank in the top half of their high school class; or earn an ACT composite score of at least twenty (20) or an equivalent score on another valid assessment
All students participating in the Traditional or Online Dual Enrollment program will pay a flat tuition rate of $60 per credit hour.
First time students will be required to pay a one-time matriculation fee of $15. Please note, students applying for the ACE Scholarship will still be required to pay the $15 matriculation fee. The ACE Scholarship does not cover this cost.
All Dual Enrollment tuition fees must be paid in full by the following deadlines:
Fall 2018 courses –November 1st
Spring 2019 courses –March 25th
If a student applies for and is denied the ACE Scholarship, it is the student’s responsibility to pay all tuition fees to Peru State College by the above stated deadlines.
Available payment options:
1. Log in to myPSC to make an online payment by debit/credit card or electronic check.
2. Mail check and/or money order payment to:
Peru State College
600 Hoyt Street
P.O. Box 10
Peru, NE 68421-0010
Billing statements online:
1. Log in to myPSC and click on the invoices link
Account activity detail online:
1. Log in to myPSC and navigate to the Account Activity link
2. Select the appropriate term and click the Print button
Advantages of Dual Enrollment
There are several advantages to participating in the Dual Enrollment Program offered through Peru State College, such as:
- Earning credit that meets both high school and college requirements is an efficient outcome for the considerable amount of effort you invest.
- Courses will transfer to most colleges and universities and will count toward a general studies requirement or elective requirement which will save the student time. Students should check with their intended college to determine transferability prior to enrollment in courses. Most institutions will only accept transfer credit for students earning a “C” or higher in the course.
*Students may request a transcript online upon completion of the course through the Student Records Office.
- Students will pay less than a third of the cost of a normal college course through the Dual Enrollment Program creating a money savings.
A student must be affiliated with a school or school district located in the state of Nebraska in order to take part in the Peru State Dual Enrollment Program. A list of participating schools may be found here.