Credit for Military Service

Your service, experience and college credits count at Peru State! The College accepts up to 66 hours of credit from a community college or up to 90 hours of credit from another four-year institution. You may also be eligible to earn life experience credit. All of this from a college that consistently ranks as one of the most affordable in the country.

Credit for Military Service

Armed Services Veterans of the armed forces who are honorably discharged and current active duty personnel will generally be granted credit for their military experience in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE). Air Force records should be obtained from the Community College of the Air Force. Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) . Air Force personnel can obtain their transcript, even if they have not attended classes at the CCAF. Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, and/or Navy records should be obtained from the Joint Services Transcript website (JST).

College Credit for Basic Training

Peru State does not require a physical education course as part of its general education program. However, college credit is generally granted for basic training completed as part of military service.

Transferring Education Benefits

If you are a veteran who previously received benefits at another institution, you must complete a “Request for Change of Place of Training” (VA Form 22-1995) and return it to Peru State College’s School Certifying Official . Copies of your DD form 214 (discharge from active duty) and transcripts/certificates for all military schooling or training should be submitted to the Office of Admissions .

For more information, please contact Ashleigh Boeve in the Student Records Office.

Ashleigh Boeve
Admin Bldg Room 110
PO Box 10
Peru, NE  68421
402-872-2415 FAX

Associate Degrees

Transfer students who have earned an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) degree from a regionally accredited institution, which includes all Nebraska community colleges, will have met all Peru State general studies requirements, if earlier coursework includes 30 or more credit hours of general studies courses. Completion of specific lower division courses may be required in individual degree programs.

Transfer students who have completed technical Associate’s Degrees or equivalent will be eligible for the Bachelor of Applied Science degree completion program . Up to Sixty-six (66) semester hours of credit from the technical associate degree or its equivalent in college credit and life experience are the maximum applicable toward the 120 hours required for the Bachelor of Applied Science degree.

To learn more, visit Peru State's website for transfer students or contact an Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions at 402-872-2221.

Prior Learning

Visit Peru State's page on Prior Learning to learn more about receiving credit for other life experiences.

CLEP (College Level Examination Program)

The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides students the option of earning college credit without enrolling in college courses. You can take one or more examinations which measure knowledge of subject areas taught in many colleges as freshman or sophomore level courses. The maximum allowed toward a Peru State College degree program through CLEP is sixteen (16) semester hours of credit.
Contact the ADA Services Coordinator, at 402-872-2440 to inquire about CLEP examinations.