Tutors are available to provide writing assistance through peer review of assignments
and research papers. Tutors will review assignments for grammar, content when appropriate,
clarity and citations, and can provide suggestions for further research utilizing
the Peru State College Library. Peer tutors will not complete assignments and cannot
provide guidance on assignments that have not been started.
Writing assistance is available on-campus and online.
On-Campus: tutors are available to assist with writing during regularly scheduled tutoring hours. If those days/times do not work for you, please either submit a writing assistance request form for online help, or contact Tracy Davis to schedule a tutor session that works with your schedule.
Students should provide a draft of the assignment, class syllabus and assignment instruction sheet when requesting writing assistance.
Online: to submit an assignment for online review complete and submit this form.
Writing Assistance Available:
- Review of paper/assignments for grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Proofreading to ensure proper sentence flow.
- Assistance with source citation/reference pages.
- Provide suggestions to improve clarity or understanding.
- Review of paper/assignment based on assignment guides.
Guidelines for Writing Assistance:
- All papers/assignments should be in draft status.
- Submissions should be submitted no less than three school days prior to the assignment deadline.
- Students must provide a copy of the syllabus or assignment sheet with instructions in order for the peer tutor to properly review the assignment.
- Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure that the research you have completed is accurate. Peer tutors may not be an expert on the subject you have chosen to write about.
- For questions regarding how to find specific source material, please visit the library.