Student Learning Goals and Outcomes
- Baccalaureate-level mastery of scientific vocabulary and concepts appropriate to the major discipline of study.
- Students will be able define and use the scientific vocabulary appropriate to the major discipline of study.
- Ability to utilize the scientific method in problem solving
- Students will be able to plan a scientific study appropriate to their major discipline of study.
- Students will be able to analyze a scientific study to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific ideas and data and incorporate new information in a synthetic context.
- Students will be able to construct explicit mechanistic links between scientific disciplines.
- Students will be able to discuss new ideas in the context of their existing knowledge.
- Ability and proclivity for life-long learning
- Students will be able to utilize the scientific knowledge base.
- Students will explain how they access valid scientific information to solve problems and improve their knowledge of subjects related to their major discipline of study and professional interests.
Please select from the various Natural Science programs below to display the full course line-up.
The full listing of Teacher Education options, beyond Biology (7-12) Subject Endorsement, Chemistry (7-12) Subject Endorsement and Science (7-12) Field Endorsement, can be found under the Teacher Education option in the left hand menu.