Student Learning Goals and Outcomes
- Students will effectively communicate topics in the musical arts.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate topics related to the musical arts in the oral form.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate topics related to the musical arts in the written form.
- Students will analyze information in musical compositions and performances.
- Students will be able to analyze musical examples in written form.
- Students will successfully perform and evaluate the performance of music from all historical periods and idioms.
- Students will be able to perform in their applied area, while developing skills required for proficiency.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in basic piano skills.
- Students will be able to perform a piano proficiency exam demonstrating scales, chord progressions, sightreading, harmonization, transposition, prepared pieces, four part score reading, and improvisation.
Please select from the various Music programs below to display the full course line-up.
The full listing of Teacher Education options, beyond Music (K-12) Vocal/Instrumental Education, can be found under the Teacher Education option in the left hand menu.