As high school students are looking for the right college to attend, high schools are looking for the right teachers to educate the minds of our future. The Peru State College School of Education offers secondary teacher preparation programs in various fields and subjects including; art, English/language arts, music, math, natural science, social science, and business, marketing, and information technology (BMIT). All of the programs endorse the student to teach the subject or field in grades 7-12 in the state of Nebraska unless otherwise indicated. High school is the time when adolescents decide what they will do with their skills to better our future society. If you have a desire to help students discover their purpose, Secondary Education is the program for you.
What makes the program unique?
- All Teacher Education programs at Peru State College are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Extensive coursework in each content area gives Peru State College secondary education majors significant training to teach successfully in their fields or subjects.
- Field experiences ensure ample training with area students.
- Teacher candidates receive training on standards and assessment throughout the Teacher Education program.
- School/Student partnerships create authentic experiences engaging with students above and beyond the college classroom.
What sets faculty apart from other colleges?
- Faculty members are experienced practitioners in their field of education.
- The professors and Dean work closely with students to provide personal and individual advising guidance throughout their college career, later serving as a career reference.
- Faculty are readily available for assistance regarding class content and projects.
- Teacher Candidates receive two faculty advisors: one for secondary content area, and one for education courses.
- Curriculum level of the College Library houses an entire level full of resources for education majors.
- Education Methods classrooms are filled with hands-on materials and state-of-the-art technology.
- Resource room contains various materials, equipment and tools for class projects.