RHOP | Apply
All materials must be received by Peru State College by December 1
To be eligible for RHOP, the applicant must:
- Be a rural Nebraska resident (residents from the following cities and towns are not considered rural and are therefore not eligible to apply to RHOP: Omaha, Ralston, Boys Town, Elkhorn, Lincoln, Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Chalco, and Offutt Air Force Base).
- Be committed to practice in a rural Nebraska area.
- Be enrolled at Peru State College for the entirety of their discipline guidelines.
- Apply for Admission to Peru State College AND be accepted by December 1
- Apply to the RHOP program.
- Complete the Online RHOP Application
- Submit the following supporting documents to the mailing address below or scan and upload into the Online RHOP Application.
- Three letters of recommendation (emailed by the recommender to email@example.com or Admissions@peru.edu or mail sealed envelopes to School of Arts & Sciences, 600 Hoyt Street, Peru, NE 68421). One recommendation letter must be from a science or math instructor. All letters should address the applicant’s motivation toward a career in the desired discipline, capacity for performance in the discipline, and any relevant activities or leadership experiences which relate to the field of the health care discipline.
- Please provide a one page personal essay from one of the subjects below. When responding,
please direct your response toward the RHOP program for which you are applying. The
essay may be uploaded into the Online RHOP Application or mailed with the supporting
- This program is designed to train future health professionals committed to practice in rural communities. Discuss the opportunities and challenges of being a rural health care provider in your specific area (Dental, Dental Hygiene, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physician Assistant, Medical Lab Science, Radiography, Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy) and how you might address them.
- The American health care system is currently undergoing significant changes and at the same time major health and medical innovations are occurring. Describe the major changes or advances in your program of choice that you expect to see over the course of your career.
Mail supporting application documents to:
Peru State College Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 10
Peru, NE 68421-0010
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application of college credit earned through previous college work, CLEP or high school courses for college credit under an Advanced Placement or dual credit curriculum will be determined on an individual basis. Non-traditional students must be willing to begin their work at Peru State College as a freshman, regardless of previous education.