The Online RHOP application will be available from September 15 to December 1.
All materials must be received by Peru State College no later than December 1.
To be eligible for RHOP, the applicant must:
- Be a rural Nebraska resident (residents from the following cities and towns are not considered rural and are therefore not eligible to apply to RHOP: Omaha, Ralston, Boys Town, Elkhorn, Lincoln, Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Chalco, and Offutt Air Force Base).
- Be committed to practice in a rural Nebraska area.
- Be enrolled at Peru State College for the entirety of their discipline guidelines.
- Apply for Admission to Peru State College AND be accepted by the December 1 deadline
- Apply to the RHOP program.
- Complete the Online RHOP Application — Available from September 15 to December 1
- Submit the following supporting documents to the mailing address below or scan and upload into the Online RHOP Application.
- Three letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes). One recommendation letter must be from a science or math instructor. All letters should address the applicant’s motivation toward a career in the desired discipline, capacity for performance in the discipline, and any relevant activities or leadership experiences which relate to the field of the health care discipline.
- Please provide a one page personal essay from one of the subjects below. If responding to prompt #2 or #3, please direct your response toward the RHOP program for which you are applying. The essay may be uploaded into the Online RHOP Application or mailed with the supporting documents.
- Students at Peru State College often are given the opportunity to engage in original research projects with one of the science faculty. Given such an opportunity, describe your research interest and describe how scientific method can be used to investigate that interest.
- This program is designed to train future health professionals committed to practice in rural communities. Discuss the opportunities and challenges of being a rural health care provider in your specific area (Dentistry, Dental Hygiene, Medical Lab Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant or Radiography) and how you might address them.
- The American health care system is currently undergoing significant changes and at the same time major pharmaceutical and nursing innovations are occurring. Describe the major changes or advances in your specialty of choice that you expect to see over the course of your career.
Mail supporting application documents to:
Peru State College Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 10
Peru, NE 68421-0010
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application of college credit earned through previous college work, CLEP or high school courses for college credit under an Advanced Placement or dual credit curriculum will be determined on an individual basis. Non-traditional students must be willing to begin their work at Peru State College as a freshman, regardless of previous education.