Please read this entire page before submitting a Break Housing Application.
The application process is open for Midterm Break.
All students needing to stay for break periods must complete a Break Housing Application.
- If you are an athlete, you MUST still apply for break housing (coaches will submit a roster to the Residence Life Office for verification).
Coaches/faculty/staff that require students to stay on campus for breaks should review the Group Break Housing Protocol information at the bottom of this page.
Students must submit a separate application for each break.
Application Due: Sunday, November 1, 2020 @ 5 p.m.
Residence Halls Close: Wednesday, December 25, 2020 @ 5 p.m.
Residence Halls Open: Sunday, January 10, 2021 @ 10 a.m.
Mid-Term “Spring” Break
Application Due: Friday, February 19, 2021 @ 5 p.m.
Residence Halls Close: Friday, March 5, 2021 @ 5 p.m.
Residence Halls Open: Sunday, March 14, 2021 @ 10 a.m.
Students who are eligible for break housing must have no record of serious conduct violations (alcohol or substance abuse, residence hall or conduct probation, vandalism, security or safety violations, etc.) within the past 2 semesters. Such violations will result in the denial of your application, regardless of reason for applying. Students applying for break housing must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Student is an approved participant in a college-sponsored activity such as athletics, student activities, etc. If you are an athlete, you MUST still apply for break housing (coaches will submit a roster to the Residence Life Office for verification). Students are encouraged to clarify the expectations for the break housing fee payment prior to making a commitment to return to campus early.
- Student has a work study job at Peru State College and/or a job on or near campus and have permanent residency more than 50 driving miles from Peru State College. Documented proof of employment will be required. Acceptable documented proof is a letter from your employer on company letterhead including a contact name, phone number, and the dates that the student is required to work. If this is not provided the student will not be permitted to stay in break housing. Verification must be received by the break housing application deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Student resides outside the United States or more than 500 miles from Peru, NE.
Break Housing Fee
The cost to stay in the halls during break periods is $12 per night. This fee will
appear as an early/break housing fee on your account. This fee will be applied from
the first evening that the residence halls close through the first day that students
are permitted to return to the residence halls.
Housing Fee $12 Per Night
Meals Fee (Optional and only if available) $12 Per Day
PLEASE NOTE: Students are encouraged to clarify the expectations for the Break Housing Fee payment prior to making a commitment to stay on campus when the residence halls are closed.
Break Housing Policies and Procedures
- The exterior doors of the residence halls will be locked at all times.
- It is the student's responsibility to check each door that he or she uses to ensure that it is locked and closed tightly. Residence halls will be electronically monitored. Students must not prop open doors, give their ID to another person, or allow access to any unauthorized person. Please report any security or other problem(s) to Security immediately (402-872-2411).
- You are encouraged to exercise care and caution during breaks. More importantly, please report any suspicious individual to Security (402-872-2411) or the Nemaha County Sheriff’s Department (402-274-3139). Residence Life Staff may patrol inside buildings periodically during breaks, but there is not consistent Security or Residence Life coverage.
- There will be Residence Life Staff on-call for emergency issues only. For lockouts, maintenance concerns, and other residential inquiries, you can contact the Break RA at 402-872-2246 or Security at 402-872-2411.
- If requested by any college official (including RA's), you will comply in accordance with the Student Handbook. No one is permitted in the residence halls during break except those students whose application has been approved. No visitation by anyone is permitted during break. If you allow an unauthorized person access to the residence halls your break housing privileges may be revoked immediately.
- Maintenance staff may be working in the residence halls, and as such there might be temporary inconveniences. Residents are encouraged not to interfere with their process.
- Facilities and other college officials may have to enter rooms for maintenance or other necessary up-keep of the residence halls and will knock before entering.
- All college policies are in effect over breaks.
Violation of the above policies and procedures, other applicable policies, and local, state, and federal laws during breaks are subject to immediate revocation of the privilege of being in the residence halls during break and other sanctions as appropriate.
Students will receive verification from the Office of Residence Life via email to
their Peru State College email account. Notice will be sent to both students approved
for break and those not approved for break.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please withhold inquiries concerning the status of your application until the Break Housing Application deadline indicated for each break.
Please direct any questions or concerns regarding Break Housing to the Residence Life Office at email@example.com .
Apply for Midterm Break housing using this form.
Break Housing Protocol for Groups
All questions, concerns and rosters can be directed to Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Students needing to stay for any or all of a designated break period must be approved to do so by the Office of Residence Life.
- Students must be in good conduct standing with the College. Participation in athletics or a group activity will not overrule the conduct standard. Any exceptions must be approved by the Director of Residence Life.
- Students who are staying on campus for participation in athletics or other group-sponsored activities MUST still complete the individual online Break Housing Request form. This provides the Residence Life Office the most accurate information, allows for acknowledgement of break policies by the student, and allows for more expedient processing of requests.
- – It is the responsibility of the coach or group leader to submit a roster for each break period of those needing to stay by the application deadline. All rosters can be sent to Residence Life at email@example.com.
- – When sending each roster, please verify the dates that students will need to stay on campus. These dates should be limited to days on which students will participate in organized practices, workouts, or activities.
- Students will receive verification from the Office of Residence Life via email to their Peru State College email account. Notice will be sent to both students approved for break and those not approved for break. Coaches/group leaders will also receive notification of any students who have not been approved to stay for the break.
International Student Break Housing Scholarship
International students without the ability to leave campus during breaks, may be eligible
for the International Student Break Housing Scholarship. The scholarship is based
on a student’s ability to leave campus and ability to pay for break housing fees.
To apply for this scholarship, please indicate interest in your break housing application.
All questions can be directed to Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.