Student Learning Goals and Outcomes
- Students will effectively communicate topics in the musical arts.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate topics related to the musical arts in the oral form.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate topics related to the musical arts in the written form.
- Students will analyze information in musical compositions and performances.
- Students will be able to analyze musical examples in written form.
- Students will successfully perform and evaluate the performance of music from all historical periods and idioms.
- Students will be able to perform in their applied area, while developing skills required for proficiency.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in basic piano skills.
- Students will be able to perform a piano proficiency exam demonstrating scales, chord progressions, sightreading, harmonization, transposition, prepared pieces, four part score reading, and improvisation.
Community Music and Private Studio
Music (K-12) Vocal/Instrumental Education Field Endorsement