Peru, Nebraska – Once more, the fall semester is looking to be packed with musical events intended to entertain Peru State College and its surrounding community, while simultaneously displaying the undeniable talents of its students. This year, however, will be extra special, as it will include the grand opening of the College’s new Performing Arts Center (PAC).
Many of the college’s students have been awaiting the arrival of the new theater with bated breath.
Velma Hauck, a junior at Peru State who is involved in Women’s Choir, is among this group of individuals, reporting that, “The women’s choir has an amazing repertoire that we’re working on to debut in the new Performing Arts Center this October.”
Junior and saxophonist in the Peru State Concert/Pep Band and the Hoyt Street Jazz Ensemble, Jared Koelzer, added, “It is amazing to be a part of the music department at Peru State.”
“So many talented and interesting people make up the program, and the work and effort put in is returned back on concert day in an amazing way. The great support from faculty and community makes everything feel even more rewarding.”
A schedule of activities:
- Thursday, Oct. 11 – Jazz on the Green featuring Hoyt Street Jazz, 11:30 a.m.
- Jindra Fine Arts Patio – Free admission; Food & Beverage provided by Creative Dining Services
- Thursday, Oct. 18 – Student Recital, 11:00 a.m.
- Jindra Fine Arts, Benford Recital Hall (102) – Free Admission
- Tuesday-Wednesday, Oct. 23-24 – 47th Annual Show Choir Festival
- Performing Arts Center, All day
- Thursday, Oct. 25 – Music Convocation, 11:00 a.m.
- Jindra Fine Arts, Benford Recital Hall (102)
- Thursday, Oct. 25 – CONCERT: Performing Arts Center Grand Opening featuring Women’s Concert Chorale, 7:00 p.m.
- Performing Arts Center – Free Admission
# # #
Alexa Cline contributed to this press release.