Peru, Nebraska – Peru State College and its President, Dr. Dan Hanson, cordially invite all area residents to the College campus for this year’s traditional homecoming celebration, titled “Road Trip,” on Friday, October 6.
Dr. Hanson commented, “The communities of southeast Nebraska are wonderful partners and supporters of Peru State College. We would like for all of our friends and neighbors to come to campus and celebrate our partnership by enjoying the homecoming festivities and meeting our students, faculty, and staff.”
A schedule of activities:
Friday, Oct. 5
3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. – Alumni Reunion Registration – Library
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Guided group campus tours for alumni and friends of the College – Departing from Library
4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Reception for Alumni Celebrating Milestone Reunions – President’s home
6 p.m. – All-College Dinner with Special Reunion Recognition – Student Center
8 p.m. – Bonfire and Pep Rally
Saturday, Oct. 6
8 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Alumni Reunion Registration – Library
8:30 a.m. – Parade Line-Up
10 a.m. – Homecoming Parade – Downtown Peru
- Free and open to the public. Registration to be in the parade is available at www.peru.edu/homecoming.
10:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Tailgate and Carnival – Campus Quad
- Free and open to the public.
- The tailgate – providing chili, burgers, hotdogs and more – will be held on the campus Quad near the library.
- The Peru State Jazz Band will be on hand to entertain the crowd. Attendees can anticipate a great deal of other activities for the young and old alike.
- In the event of inclement weather, the tailgate will be held in the Student Center and the carnival will be canceled.
1 p.m. – 1867 Society Reception – Administration Building
2 p.m. – Football – The Oak Bowl
- Halftime – Pep Band performance and Coronation of Homecoming King and Queen – The Oak Bowl
# # #
Alexa Cline contributed to this release.