Director of Development Peru State College Foundation
Position open until filled.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in donor development, fund-raising, or higher education
- Knowledge of, and an appreciation for, higher education
- Experience with donor software
- Solution-oriented thinker
- Positive, engaging, and optimistic
- Growth mindset and willingness to tackle new tasks
Fundraising and Donor Cultivation
- Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Peru State College.
- Successfully implement all fundraising initiatives and programs, including Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Major Gifts, Grant Writing, and Planned Giving.
- Work with the Foundation’s Board of Directors and Executive Director, and with the College President, to identify and build relationships with potential donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Research, write and submit compelling grant proposals using best practices in grant writing.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, plan and manage fundraising events (e.g., galas, auctions, golf tournaments), including securing sponsorships, managing logistics, and recruiting volunteers.
- Work with the Executive Director and College President to build strong relationships with current donors through personalized stewardship, recognition, and regular communication.
- Coordinate/manage donor recognition programs, donor databases, and stewardship reports.
Marketing and Communications
- Enhance the Foundation’s brand recognition and public visibility by developing and implementing a marketing and communications plan for the Foundation, including the creation of content for the Foundation website, newsletters, social media, and other communication venues.
- Attend campus and community events that raise the visibility of Peru State College and provide opportunities for donor cultivation—and that contribute to a culture of giving among the College’s constituents.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Foundation Board of Directors in fundraising efforts, including donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Assure the Board of Directors is well-informed regarding development activities.
- Assist Executive Director in planning board meetings and events.
- Attend regular meetings with key College leaders.
- Manage the Foundation’s development budget and ensure development activities align with the Foundation’s overall financial goals.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic plan for the Foundation.
- Maintain the Foundation’s fundraising and cultivation records, keeping all up to date, in collaboration with the Foundation controller.
- Provide regular and timely reports to the Board of Directors.
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application – Director of Development or by mail to Jeffrey Greenwald, Peru State College Foundation, PO Box 10, Peru, NE 68421-0010.
Peru State College’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” an arboretum campus, is nestled in historic southeast Nebraska. The state’s first, Peru State College provides students of all backgrounds access to engaging educational experiences to strengthen and enrich communities, Nebraska and the world. Peru State is a member institution of the Nebraska State College System. For more information, visit www.peru.edu or call 1-800-742-4412.
Peru State College is an equal opportunity institution. Peru State College does not discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities, including but not limited to admission decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate the College’s non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Reports regarding discrimination or harassment may be directed to the following Compliance Coordinator. In addition, inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinator: Ms. Eulanda Cade, Peru State College, Administration Building, Room 312, PO Box 10, 600 Hoyt Street, Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230 email@example.com