Alumni Volunteer Opportunities
Milestone Reunion Volunteers During Homecoming
October 2 – 3, 2020
Volunteers are needed to help promote the upcoming 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10-year reunions from the classes of 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2010! Volunteers can sign up to help with:
- Co-signing a letter mailing to alumni from their letter
- Emailing and/or calling classmates to encourage them to attend 2020 Homecoming
- Helping during the reunion with registration, greeting and other identified volunteer roles
Plan a Bobcat Event!
Alumni and friends are encouraged to gather together wherever you live. The National Alumni Association is here to help with planning and supporting your event. Here are a few guidelines for planning your own successful Bobcat alumni event.
- Contact Deborah Solie with the National Alumni Association at least six weeks before you’d like to host your event at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-872-2304.
- Work with the National Alumni Association to determine number of alumni living in the area and feasibility of holding an event in your area.
- Work with the National Alumni Association to develop a promotional plan, including Facebook and broadcast emails.
- Receive a box of event supplies including a sign-in sheet to record the names of alumni in attendance.
- Attend the event as the main host and follow up with Deborah Solie with photos and final attendance information.
Bobcat Ambassador During Giving Day
October 24, 2020
#BobcatsGivingDay 2019 is all about sharing – and celebrating – what makes Peru State special. By signing up to serve as a Bobcat Ambassador, you have a chance to share your Peru State story and why you choose to give back – whether its through volunteering, donating or participating in alumni activities. With your stories, we can inspire Bobcats everywhere to come together and give back to support the next generation of Peru State.
When Bobcats join together they make a mighty roar! This collaborative day of giving amplifies the impact donors can make for Peru State.
That’s why we need YOU! Please consider signing on as a 2019 #BobcatsGivingDay Ambassador to help spread the word about this very special campaign. The more Giving Day Ambassadors signed on, the more Bobcats we can inspire to support our students on 10-24-19.
Thank you for your input!
Peru State College Alumni and Friends Strategic Planning Survey Results
Peru State College’s current strategic plan, titled Essential Engagement, is in its final year. A planning process has begun to create a new strategic plan, providing vision and guidance for the institution over the next five years.
Thank you for providing your input to the planning process through the Peru State College Alumni and Friends Strategic Planning Survey. More than 100 alumni and friends responded, providing critical input to the direction Peru State College and the Foundation will follow for the next five years. Below is a summary of survey results:
- The top three services alumni and friends would benefit from are additional regional events, networking opportunities and career support.
- The Peru Stater is the most used communication tool with more than 81% of respondents rating it the highest of seven communications services. Other valued options include emails, the PSC website and Facebook.
- Themes that emerged from the survey question – What are you most proud of for Peru State College? – included:
– Quality of education
– Family atmosphere
– The history of the College and its impact on southeast Nebraska
– Leadership of faculty and staff
– History of teaching and molding students into quality educators
- Themes that emerged from the survey question – What do you want Peru State College to become? – included:
– Offer more online programs
– Increased prominence
– Affordable college of choice for students
– Increased student activities and involvement while maintaining small class sizes
– Continued improvement of campus buildings
- Themes that emerged from the survey question – How can Peru State College be more relevant to you? – included:
– Maintain focus on student development and education
– Engage through alumni involvement in events, visits to campus, and increase alumni events and activities
– Continue the Peru Stater and highlight alumni accomplishments
Most respondents had an overwhelmingly positive view of Peru State College and its future. All survey comments have been shared with PSC administration and the strategic planning committee. An update on planning progress and how it affects alumni and friends will be in the summer edition of the Peru Stater.