Thank you for your input!
Peru State College Alumni and Friends Strategic Planning Survey Results
Peru State College’s current strategic plan, titled Essential Engagement, is in its final year. A planning process has begun to create a new strategic plan, providing vision and guidance for the institution over the next five years.
Thank you for providing your input to the planning process through the Peru State College Alumni and Friends Strategic Planning Survey. More than 100 alumni and friends responded, providing critical input to the direction Peru State College and the Foundation will follow for the next five years. Below is a summary of survey results:
- The top three services alumni and friends would benefit from are additional regional events, networking opportunities and career support.
- The Peru Stater is the most used communication tool with more than 81% of respondents rating it the highest of seven communications services. Other valued options include emails, the PSC website and Facebook.
- Themes that emerged from the survey question – What are you most proud of for Peru State College? – included:
– Quality of education
– Family atmosphere
– The history of the College and its impact on southeast Nebraska
– Leadership of faculty and staff
– History of teaching and molding students into quality educators
- Themes that emerged from the survey question – What do you want Peru State College to become? – included:
– Offer more online programs
– Increased prominence
– Affordable college of choice for students
– Increased student activities and involvement while maintaining small class sizes
– Continued improvement of campus buildings
- Themes that emerged from the survey question – How can Peru State College be more relevant to you? – included:
– Maintain focus on student development and education
– Engage through alumni involvement in events, visits to campus, and increase alumni events and activities
– Continue the Peru Stater and highlight alumni accomplishments
Most respondents had an overwhelmingly positive view of Peru State College and its future. All survey comments have been shared with PSC administration and the strategic planning committee. An update on planning progress and how it affects alumni and friends will be in the summer edition of the Peru Stater.
Alumni Volunteer Opportunities
June 16-18, 2017
Volunteers are needed to help promote the upcoming All-College Reunion! Volunteers can sign up to help with:
- Co-signing a letter mailing to alumni by graduation decades
- Emailing and/or calling classmates to encourage them to attend the weekend
- Serving on the All-College Reunion advisory committee through emails and conference calls beginning in August 2016
- Helping during the reunion with registration, greeting and other identified volunteer roles
Plan a Bobcat Event!
Alumni and friends are encouraged to gather together wherever you live. The National Alumni Association is here to help with planning and supporting your event. Here are a few guidelines for planning your own successful Bobcat alumni event.
- Contact Deborah Solie with the National Alumni Association at least six weeks before you’d like to host your event at email@example.com or 402-872-2304.
- Work with the National Alumni Association to determine number of alumni living in the area and feasibility of holding an event in your area.
- Work with the National Alumni Association to develop a promotional plan, including Facebook and broadcast emails.
- Receive a box of event supplies including a sign-in sheet to record the names of alumni in attendance.
- Attend the event as the main host and follow up with Deborah Solie with photos and final attendance information.