Common Issues: Pop-Up Blockers
To allow Pop-Ups in Blackboard using Chrome
- In the URL address bar, click on the padlock icon to View Site Information.
- Choose Site Settings.
- Scroll down to "Pop-ups and redirects" and select Allow from the drop-down menu.
- After closing the Setting tab, you will be prompted to Reload the original tab in order to apply the updated settings.
To allow Pop-Ups in Blackboard using Firefox
- Click on the Options button on the right side of the light yellow information bar.
- Choose: Allow pop-ups for perustatecollege.blackboard.com.
- Or to manually change your settings, go to: Open Application Menu (three horizontal bars on the top right), Settings, Options, Select the Privacy & Security tab, next to Block pop-up windows, click on Exceptions, enter perustatecollege.blackboard.com and blackboard.peru.edu and click on Allow, then click on Close.
To allow Pop-Ups in Blackboard using Edge
- Click on the Settings button in the top right; it is the button with three dots.
- At the bottom, click on Settings. Scroll to the bottom and select View advance settings.
- Under Block pop-ups, select the toggle button to turn off the pop-up blocker.
To allow Pop-Ups in Blackboard using Safari
In Safari 12 and above, you can enable pop-up blocker exceptions to only allow pop-ups on one website. In earlier versions of Safari, you can only allow or block pop-ups for all websites.
To allow pop-ups for a single website (in Safari 12 and above):
- After navigating to the Blackboard website, click on Safari then Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select Websites at the top of the menu.
- Click on Pop-Up Windows in the left.
- Choose the drop-down next to the website you want to allow pop-ups for and choose Allow.
To allow pop-ups for all websites (in Safari 11 and earlier):
- Click on Safari then Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select Security at the top of the window.
- Uncheck the box next to Block pop-up windows.