Choose Success! Being successful in college is a matter of choice and taking positive action. Our campus offers many resources and opportunities to assist you on your journey. Choose to take purposeful action to make the most of your college experience.
No matter how many AP courses you’ve taken, there’s no denying that college academics are more rigorous than high school academics. So while you may have done “just fine” in high school by putting a certain amount of effort into studying, such a strategy in college just doesn’t make the cut.
In college, effective studying is all about focus, planning and effort. Incorporate these three elements into your college study routine and you’re more likely to find academic success. To excel in college, you’ll have to kick some of those bad high school study habits to the curb and step up your study game. (USA Today, 02/18/16)
- Note Taking Workshop – 11:00 am or 3:30 pm, August 28, 2018 – CATS 209
- Study Skills Workshop – 11:00 am or 3:30 pm, October 9, 2018 – CATS 209
- Test Preparation Workshop – 11:00 am or 3:30 pm, December 4, 2018 – CATS 209
- Sunday Evening Tutoring in CATS beginning September 9 — 6-8 PM
- Course-based Tutoring and Writing Lab in CATS beginning September 4 — various times
- Individualized Peer Tutoring for SSS members
Are you beginning to feel overwhelmed? Classes, reading, homework, clubs and organizations, activities, job, socializing, personal time, social media…. the list goes on and on. How do you do it all? You don’t. Set priorities, plan a schedule, and include time for mental, physical and spiritual wellness.
- Time Management Workshop – 11:00 am or 3:30 pm, September 11, 2018 – CATS 209
- Yoga – 11:00 am, October 10, 2018 – AWAC gym
We’ve all heard the saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If you aren’t doing as well in college as you hoped, you can make some changes to influence a better outcome.
- Freshmen Flapjacks in CATS — 7:30-9:30 am, October 31, 2018 – CATS
- Grades & GPA Workshop – 11:00 am or 3:30 pm, November 27, 2018 – CATS 209
Catch the Spirit
Today and everyday is a great day to be a Bobcat! Get involved both in and outside the classroom. Become immersed in the Peru State experience.
- PSC Sesquicentennial Oral History Project — 11:00 am, November 12, 2018 – College Theatre
Plan for the Future
- Watch for more information for Spring 2019 programs