Students on Academic Probation
Peru State College provides a support network to help students on Academic Probation succeed in their courses and achieve good academic standing. Academic probation advisors from the CATS team provide guidance, access to services, and facilitate input from instructors regarding course progress. Part of this support network includes meetings with your academic probation advisor to review the Academic Probation Contract and Self-Assessment, create a plan for success, and set achievable goals. The following steps will guide you as you begin your journey back to good academic standing.
- Complete and submit the on-line Academic Probation Contract and Self-Assessment by clicking on this button:
- Before the start of the semester, you will receive an email from your academic probation advisor detailing your next steps based on your academic probation status.
- If your academic probation status is First Time or Academic Contract and you have not signed up for the “Academic Success Planning Session”, please visit with your probation advisor to sign up or request a private consultation.
Note: Students who are on Academic Probation must agree to the provisions of the Academic Probation Contract which include but are not limited to enrollment restrictions and academic probation advisor meetings. Failure to meet any of these requirements may be subject to administrative withdrawal. Please review the college catalog for full policy details.
Note: Academic Probation and Financial Aid Probation are two different conditions. Please click here to access information on Financial Aid and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- New students entering Peru State College on a provisional admission status are placed on Academic Probation and are subject to all of the terms of Academic Probation Contract.
- Provisionally admitted students not meeting the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement after their first semester are subject to Academic Suspension.
- Students with a cumulative GPA average of 1.00-1.99 at the close of a semester are placed on Academic Probation.
- Students who have a cumulative GPA below 1.00 at the close of a semester are suspended.
- Students who start the term on probation and have a cumulative GPA less than 2.0 at the close of the semester are suspended unless the semester GPA is 2.0 or higher, in which case the status will be Continued Academic Probation.
- Academic suspension following the first suspension is for a period lasting one (1) semester.
- In case of a second (2) suspension, the period of suspension will last two (2) semesters.
- Students who are suspended may appeal to the Vice President for Academic Affairs if they wish to return to college prior to serving the suspension period. If the appeal is approved, the student will be on probation status and will be held to the standards for probation students.
Please review the College Catalog for full details on Academic Probation and full process for Academic Suspension.
This calculator can be used to help predict your cumulative GPA based on grades you predict you’ll receive in the current semester. Using this calculator lets you estimate your potential GPA and learn what grades it will take for you to move off Academic Probation and back to Good Standing at Peru State College. If you need to calculate your GPA based on credit hours you are retaking, please visit with your Academic Probation Advisor.
Additional Resources to Support Student Success and Return to Good Standing
For further information or questions regarding Academic Probation, please contact: