Peru State students and faculty attending "Meet the Firms" 2022
Business Administration – Accounting Option
The Accounting option prepares students for high-demand careers in financial reporting and management. Initial coursework is designed to prepare students as entry level accountants in government and private industry.
Those students desiring to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination will need to complete the additional requirements for the Public Accounting/CPA Focus.
The CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. To receive the certification, accountants must pass a two-part exam that includes 12 competencies.
Points of Distinction
- 100% online or on-campus
- Live & recorded lectures
- QuickBooks Online software experience
- Federal income tax return preparation experience (Form 1040, 1120, 1065, & 1120S)
- Consolidated financial statement preparation
- CPA focus program qualifies students to take the CPA exam in Nebraska and many other states
- Faculty members have practical accounting experience and are licensed Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)