Research and Creativity Expo
Proposal Submission Form
The Peru State College Research and Creativity Expo will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2023. The Expo provides opportunities for students to present their original research to their peers, faculty, staff and community members. Student research is a high impact practice that has been shown to increase student engagement and learning. The Expo is a key part of the College's Strategic Plan, "Engaging the Future."
The Expo is open to all students: Undergraduate and Graduate, Online and On-Campus. Online students can present via Zoom if they are not able to come to campus.
2023 Research and Creativity Expo Schedule
April 18, 2023
Schedule of Events
|8:30-9:00 a.m.||Registration and Check In|
|Location: To Be Determined|
|9:00-9:50 a.m.||Poster Exhibitions|
|Location: To Be Determined|
|9:45-10:50 a.m.||Oral Presentations|
Luncheon and Certificate Presentation
If you are doing a poster presentation, please know that the posters must by 36"'x 48" and created using PowerPoint. Poster files must be turned into Bekka Rinne by March 31, 2023.
Use the templates below to create your poster.
Horizontal templates (.pptx)
Vertical templates (.pptx)
All of these templates have been set up using the Peru State College branding. However, please use whatever color scheme you wish, just keep in mind our logo guidelines when changing colors, design or resizing any logos.
Also, all templates provided are just suggestions; Please feel free to mix and match templates however you wish!
Some of these guidelines are included in each template, but just to reiterate:
- For legibility purposes, please make sure that the smallest font size for your header is 36 pt, subhead font at least 5 pts smaller than the header size you choose. The smallest font size for your body text should be 30 points. Captions if needed (at the least size should be 26 pts). Keep in mind that some of these are not set up to the smallest sizes in the templates.
- Make sure your project title is larger than everything else, and the project subtitle/presenters name is between the size of your project title and your headers.
- Also ensure that whatever fonts you choose to use are legible.
- Please change all pictures provided in this template to fit your research topic. Please do not stretch the pictures. Instead, click on picture, and open up the Shape Format tab on the main toolbar. If not already open choose the Format Pane at the very right of the Shape Format tab.
- In the Format Shape side panel, make sure Shape Options is selected, and select the paint bucket tab. Choose Picture or texture fill, and under Insert Picture From choose File. Choose your desired picture.
- Once in, the picture will be stretched to fit the space. Please change this by going to the top of the Format Shape side panel, and choose the picture tab and select the Crop dropdown menu. To unstretch the picture, adjust the width or height under Picture Position until the picture looks unstretched. The most accurate way to do this is know exactly what size the picture is before inserting it into the space, and typing these dimensions into those width/height boxes. Of course, you do not have to use this specific picture template, shape, or have a picture in this specific spot, or any other picture formats provided in this template!
- Be sure to include student name(s), faculty sponsor, Department, School and Peru State College on your poster.
- Contact Bekka Rinne by email or 402-872-2222 if you have any questions.