Peru State College
font size: - | +
print print
Air Conditioner Requirements

The Office of Residence Life understands that some students with medical needs may require air conditioning in residence halls without central air. Please be advised that air conditioners are not permitted in Davidson/Palmer, Mathews/Clayburn, Nicholas/Pate, and the renovated area of Morgan Hall as these buildings have a central air conditioning system. For this reason, students with written autorization from the Residence Life Office may bring air conditioners for their rooms.


Requesting an air conditioner is a three-step process:

Step One: Student completes a Request for Air Conditioner form.

Step Two: Student takes the Medical Verification Form to his/her appropriate licensed primary care physican or equivalent medical professional to complete.

Step Three: Student may mail, fax, or submit in person the completed forms to the following address: Residence Life Office, Peru State College, P.O. Box 10, Peru, NE 68421.

The forms may be found at Residence Life - Forms and Documents - Peru State College


Requirements for air conditioners:

Must be a small portable window unit

Less than 5,000 BTU's

115 volts

Have a top window skirt (metal support to attach unit to window)

Students are encouraged to bring a/c units that are Energy Star certified