Five selected for Intercollegiate Honor Band
(Peru, Neb.) Five Peru State College (PSC) students have been selected to be part of the 75-member Nebraska State Bandmasters Association Intercollegiate Honor Band.
Following two days of rehearsals, the Intercollegiate Honor Band will perform a free public concert at 8 p.m. tonight, Friday, March 1 at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln’s Kimball Recital Hall. The event clinician is Dr. Steven Davis from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Honor Band delegates were selected from private and public colleges and universities throughout the state. PSC’s delegates are listed below along with their year, major, hometown and instrument.
- Jacob Buss, a senior music education major from Tecumseh - Trombone
- Michael Casavant, a senior music education major from Lincoln - Tuba
- Emily Engels, a sophomore undeclared major from Beatrice - Tenor Saxophone
- Yusheng Li, a sophomore music performance and business management major from Shenyang, China - Clarinet
- Taylor Sirman, a senior history and music performance major from Chuluota, Fla. - French Horn
Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and Band Director Dr. Patrick Fortney said, “The Peru State students selected for the Intercollegiate Honor Band are among the most hard working and talented musicians in the state. We are proud of their achievements and look forward to hearing more from them in the years to come.”
More information is available at http://www.nsbma.org/.