Peru State College
font size: - | +
print print
News Release

Peru State to host Higher Learning Commission accreditation visit Nov. 14-16, 2011

Public can submit comments at Commission’s web site at


(Peru, Neb.) Peru State College (PSC) will undergo a comprehensive evaluation visit Nov. 14-16, 2011, by a team representing The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. PSC has been accredited by the Commission since 1915.


The Higher Learning Commission is one of six accrediting agencies in the United States that provide institutional accreditation on a regional basis. Institutional accreditation evaluates an entire institution and accredits it as a whole. Other agencies provide accreditation for specific programs. Accreditation is voluntary. The Commission accredits approximately 1,100 institutions of higher education in a 19-state region. The Commission is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.


For the past two years, PSC has been engaged in a process of self-study, addressing the Commission’s requirements and criteria for accreditation. The evaluation team will visit the institution to gather evidence that the college meets the criteria for continuing accreditation. The team will make a recommendation about the status of PSC to the Commission, which will take the final action. 


The public is invited to submit comments regarding the college:

Public Comment on Peru State College

The Higher Learning Commission

230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500

Chicago, IL 60604

*The public may also submit comments on the

Commission’s web site at


Comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of the institution or its academic programs. Written, signed comments must be received by Friday, Oct. 14, 2011. The Commission cannot guarantee that comments received after the due date will be considered. Comments should include the name, address and telephone number of the person providing the comments. Comments will not be treated as confidential.


Note: Individuals with a specific dispute or grievance with an institution should request the separate Policy on Complaints document from the Commission office. The Higher Learning Commission cannot settle disputes between institutions and individuals. Complaints will not be considered third party comment.