Peru State College Names Student Ambassadors For 2010-11
(Peru, Neb.) Peru State College (PSC) President Dan Hanson today announced that 16 students have been selected to represent the college as Student Ambassadors for the 2009-10 academic year.
PSC Ambassadors work with high school students, transfer students and other visitors interested in learning more about the college. Their primary duties include leading campus tours, sending follow-up communications, assisting with special Admissions Office events, contributing to overall recruitment efforts and serving as official hosts of the college.
To qualify for the positions, candidates must be current, full-time students who have completed at least one semester at PSC. They must also have and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Ambassadors receive a ¼ tuition waiver and $150 stipend each semester for their service.
Hanson said, “Student Ambassadors at Peru State play an integral role in our recruitment and enrollment efforts. We have another great crop of students set to represent the college as Ambassadors, and we are excited to see what the next academic year brings.”
New members include:
- Kesha Beethe - a sophomore elementary education major from Tecumseh.
- Steven Kuhn - sophomore pre-medicine major from Omaha.
- Amanda Pearson-VanderBroek, a senior language arts major from Nebraska City
- Bailey deKoning – a sophomore psychology major from Burchard.
- Joseph Fauver – a freshman biochemical science major from Springfield.
- Wade Halvorsen – a sophomore physical education major from Plattsmouth.
- Trevin Nelson – a sophomore human performance systems management major from Lincoln.
- Tyler Nutsch – a freshman middle grades education major from Beatrice.
- Jennifer Trapp – a freshman art education major from Omaha.
Returning ambassadors include:
- Madison Farris, a sophomore social science education major from Nebraska City.
- Andrew Conn, a sophomore business education major from Wausa.
- Rebecca Colling, a sophomore early childhood education major from Omaha.
- Kristen Husen, a sophomore art education major from Alda.
- Adrianna Markowsky, a sophomore elementary education major from Yorktown, Va.
- Shane Mathis, a senior elementary education major from Mitchell.
- Julia Simon, a senior elementary education major form Ralston.