Pawnee City, Grand Island CC, Springfield-Platteview, Norris and Bellevue West High Schools Take Top Honors at 37th Annual Peru State Show Choir Festival
(Peru, Neb.) Five Nebraska high school show choirs were selected from among 26 groups from across the region as best in their respective classes following Peru State College’s (PSC) 37th Annual Show Choir Festival.
Winning groups are as follows:
- Pawnee City High School’s Showstoppers, directed by Kristi Robison
- Grand Island Central Catholic’s Crystal Blue, directed by Deb Scheel
- Springfield-Platteview High School’s Platteview Swing Choir, directed by Matt King
- Norris High School’s Gold Show Choir, directed by Wes Hansmeyer
- Bellevue West High School’s West Connection, directed by Janelle Reetz and A.J. Bowen
Dr. Thomas Ediger, director of PSC Choral Activities and professor of music, said, “Year after year I continue to be impressed by the quality of Nebraska’s high school show choirs. This year was no exception. With more around 500 participants, this year’s festival was one of the best yet.”
Choirs were judged by guest clinician and adjudicator Andy Beck, editor of School and Choral Classroom Publications at Alfred Publishing Company. A successful composer and arranger, Beck has authored several top-selling chorals and children’s musicals for Alfred, as well as co-written the highly regarded method book Sing at First Sight, Foundations in Choral Sight-Singing.