The LibX toolbar provides you with quick access to PSC Library resources from your Internet browser. With the toolbar, you can search the Library Catalog, Encyclopedia Britannica, WorldCat.org, and library databases from EBSCO, ProQuest, JSTOR, and BioOne without going to the library's website.
How does it work?
After you install the toolbar, you will see the PSC banner icon in the upper right corner of your browser. Note: Icon may be smaller in Google Chrome.
Click on the banner icon to open the search options.
- Change the resource (e.g. Library Catalog, EBSCO databases, etc.) to the one you want to search by clicking on the resource title. Shown by the blue arrow.
- Enter your search terms and then "Search."
- Your results will open in a new window. If off-campus, you will be prompted to login before your results are shown.
- You also can select "Links" (shown by the purple arrow) to access direct links to useful PSC Library webpages.
Using the Right-Click Option
Highlight text, titles, citations, and/or ISBNs on a website or online document (e.g. PDF). Then right-click to use LibX to search the Library Catalog, Google Scholar, or library databases such as EBSCO.
- Highlight text (blue arrow)
- Right-click and select LibX (red arrow)
- Select the search option for resource and field you want to search e.g. use "title" if you highlighted a title (green arrow)
You can also set your preferences for what resources are listed.
- Click on the PSC banner icon for LibX. (purple arrow)
- Select "Preferences." (orange arrow)
3. Select the tab "Context Menu." Then check mark the resources you want to list. You can expand resources by clicking the arrow. Remember the more items to check mark the longer the list will be when you use the right-click option.
How do I uninstall?
Google Chrome - Right-click on the icon and select "Remove from Chrome."
Firefox - From menu, select "Tools" and then "Add-ons" or do a Crtl+Shift+A. Click the "Remove" button for LibX. Close the browser for the change to take affect.