Director, Distance Education
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minimum annual salary of $70,000 for a 12 month contract. Excellent benefits package
- Graduate degree.
- Significant verifiable work history in positions requiring relevant knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Teaching and/or student program management experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Significant distance education and online programming leadership experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience using and trouble-shooting issues in Blackboard.
- Experience developing technology training programs for faculty and students.
- Experience generating and accommodating enrollment growth.
- Doctorate in higher education administration, instructional technology, or related area.
Manages Distance Education Department including early entry, dual credit and online programming and services.
Examples of work performed:
- Develop, periodically revise and work within an approved strategic plan for the department.
- Work with department personnel and academic deans to schedule, staff, and update distance education courses, respond to student concerns, and improve programs.
- Coordinate resolution of technical problems and software upgrades.
- Travel to area high schools and other locations to promote programs and train program participants.
- Coordinate college-wide instructional technology support and training.
- Work with Marketing Department to develop and coordinate communication and marketing initiatives supportive of department programs.
- Prepare periodic analyses and reports regarding program activities.
- Teach online courses as assigned.
- Supervise and develop staff.
- Manage the department’s budget and office procedures.
- Actively participate in college recruiting efforts and campus events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employment Application (pdf)
Send the following:
- the completed application
- letter of interest
- resume clearly showing education, work background and years of experience
- contact information for 3 current references (name, address, telephone number and email)
Peru State College
PO Box 10
Peru, NE 68421-0010.
GENERAL INFORMATION: PSC’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” an arboretum campus, is nestled in historic southeast Nebraska. The state’s first and fastest-growing college, Peru State offers a unique mix of innovative online and traditional classroom undergraduate and graduate programs, including online graduate degrees in education and organizational management. PSC is a member institution of the Nebraska State College System. For more information, visit www.peru.edu or call 1-800-742-4412.
Peru State College is an equal opportunity institution. PSC does not discriminate against any student, employee orapplicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities, including but not limited to admission decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate the College’s nondiscrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title VI, VII, IX, and Section 504. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to Eulanda Cade, Director of Human Resources, Title VI, VII, IX Compliance Coordinator, Peru State College, PO Box 10, Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230.