Director of Campus Services
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Consideration of applications begins immediately.
Salary Mid $70's DOQ. Excellent benefits package.
Bachelors degree preferred. The successful candidate will have the best combination of the following:
- a history of progressively more responsible leadership positions with a significant span of control;
- experience developing and leading staff;
- experience in strategic, comprehensive facilities planning, including preventive maintenance;
- coordination of bid processes and sourcing;
- a capacity for zero-based budgeting and budget modeling;
- experience procuring, designing, or providing training;
- current knowledge of general principles and governmental regulations related to facilities operations and workplace safety;
- risk management planning experience; and
- a demonstrated base of technical knowledge, resourcefulness, initiative, mature judgment, leadership and strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Peru State College seeks a service-oriented, student-centered Director to lead its Campus Services functions. The Director develops and coordinates all aspects of facilities operation, maintenance, grounds, custodial services, transportation, receiving, and mail handling. The Director will lead and develop Campus Service staff and work with all areas of campus to fulfill the College mission. Will plan and schedule maintenance and repair work, implement operational policies and procedures, estimate costs of operations and renovations, develop and administer energy utilization recommendations and plans, prepare and administer applicable budgets, assemble data, and prepare appropriate reports for the College administration. Will work closely with other campus departments, administrators, students, the Board of Trustees, the Nebraska Building Renewal Task Force, vendors, contractors, and other constituencies. The Director will also work with the Vice President for Administration and Finance to develop student-focused initiatives for the department.
Additional duties include site inspections to ensure compliance with safety precautions and work procedures, review of facilities and grounds to determine maintenance requirements, preparing job estimates, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating work performed by outside contractors, and remaining up-to-date and informed in current practices and applicable local, state, and federal codes and regulations. The Director will train and develop employees, analyze practices, methods, and equipment and recommend changes where appropriate, and exemplify an attitude of cooperativeness, teamwork, and dedication.
Employment Application (pdf)
Send the following:
- the completed application
- letter of interest
- resume clearly showing education, work background and years of experience
- contact information for 3 current references (name, address, telephone number and email)
Peru State College
PO Box 10
Peru, NE 68421-0010.
Peru State College’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” an arboretum campus, is nestled in historic southeast Nebraska. The state’s first and fastest-growing college, Peru State offers a unique mix of innovative online and traditional classroom undergraduate and graduate programs, including online graduate degrees in education and organizational management. Peru State College is a member institution of the Nebraska State College System.
Peru State College is an equal opportunity institution. PSC does not discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities, including but not limited to admission decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate the College’s nondiscrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title VI, VII, IX, and Section 504. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to Eulanda Cade, Director of Human Resources, Title VI, VII, IX Compliance Coordinator, Peru State College, PO Box 10, Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230.