- What is Blackboard Orientation?
Blackboard orientation is required to be completed by all students who have never taken an online course with Peru State.
- Students receive an email from our Distance Education office stating that the student has been enrolled in the course for the semester and term of enrollment. The email tells the student what the student's username and password is and how to access Blackboard. The email also tells the student that all new students must complete the Blackboard orientation.
- The first time a student logs into Blackboard there will be only one link - orientation. Click on this link to complete Blackboard's orientation. This orientation is an introduction to the screens and technology tools that a student is most likely to use while completing the course with Peru State. Estimated time to complete this orienation is 1/2 to 1 hour.
Education Master of Science degree-seeking students will utilize the Internet program, LiveText, to create and build a portfolio as they progress through the program. There is a one time fee of approximately $100 for a multi-year membership to Live Text, which is an electronic portfolio system that is provided online.
Students will complete this portfolio throughout the program coursework by including course assignments/projects in the portfolio and reflecting upon each one in relation to your growth and development. It will be checked for progress at the point of application for admission to candidacy and for completion at the point of application for graduation. The completed portfolio is a required part of the program completion for the Master of Science degree.
Students will also complete and submit the exit survey that will be provided upon successful completion of your LiveText portfolio.
Students will be given specific instructions about purchasing the membership to LiveText during your first course - Educ 512-Technology and Mediated Instruction.
- How do I apply for admission?
Please apply online - Application for Admission.
Please note: When you select 'apply now' above, the first screen will ask you to create a username and password as you would to create any other Internet account. You will receive an email from our Admissions Office stating that your application has been received.
- It takes 24 or so hours for your application to be processed into our student information system then you will receive another email from our Admissions Office stating that you are admitted to Peru State on a conditional basis. This email gives you information that you must go to the URL listed to 'claim' your student identification number which we call an NUID. 'Claiming' your NUID consists of you creating and confirming a password for your NUID and answering four security questions in case you ever forget your password. Please keep your NUID, password, and security questions available because you will use your NUID and password to log into our student information system and other sites that you will have access to.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have NOT received the emails described above, the emails may have gone to your Spam or Junk folders. Please check those folders as soon as possible. If you still do not have the emails, please contact the Admissions Office and ask for the emails to be sent again!
- You are admitted on a conditional basis and can enroll for the semester you applied to begin taking your courses. The conditional basis is on the condition that you submit the required materials listed below. Failure to submit these documents can prevent you from registering for future semesters' courses. We encourage students to submit the following documents as soon as possible.
- Who do I contact about my bill?
Contact the Peru State Business Office at: 402.872.2211 or by email at email@example.com . Students can view and pay bills via Peru State's “myPSC” feature.
- Who do I contact for questions about Blackboard?
For technical problems ONLY: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1-888-258-5558. After 5:00 p.m., please call the help desk at: 402.274.8530.
- Who do I contact regarding enrollment questions?
Please contact the Graduate Programs Office at 800.742.4412, option #4, or call 402.872.2314. Please remember: cohort students are registered for your classes each semester by the Graduate Programs Office. Check myPSC to make sure you are registered properly. If you have transfer credit, check to make sure you are not enrolled for the elective course(s).
- Who do I contact to order textbooks?
To order books, call the Bobcat Bookstore at: 402.872.2248 or email at email@example.com . Please order textbooks several weeks ahead of time to avoid possible delays which may effectively hinder your ability to complete coursework. Peru State College will be not responsible if you order your textbooks other than from the Bobcat Bookstore (re: wrong edition, etc.).
- What if I have questions regarding my online course?
You should first communicate with the course instructor via email or through Blackboard. If the instructor does not respond in a timely manner, please contact Dr. Greg Seay, Dean of Graduate Programs, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Graduate Programs Office at 402.872.2314.
- Who is my advisor?
All graduate students are advised by Dr. Greg Seay, Dean of Graduate Programs (email@example.com). Questions related to your program of study, confirming your candidacy status, or requirements for graduation should be directed to Dr. Seay.
- Who do I contact regarding admissions requirements?
Please address all graduate admission questions to the Graduate Programs Office, 1-800-742-4412, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All official transcripts and admission materials should be sent directly to the Graduate Programs Office, Peru State College, P.O. Box 10, Peru, NE 68421.
- When will my grades be posted?
Grades are posted directly to “myPSC." Students can view grades using their personal identification information. Grades are posted within two weeks from the end of the course. Students may view and print 'course history' and an 'unofficial transcript' through the “myPSC” feature.
- How can I get a copy of my Peru State College transcript?
Official transcripts are available from the Student Records office. Contact the Student Records Office at email@example.com or view the Student Records web site.