Eligibility for financial aid is based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. To find the U.S. Department of Education’s general information on student aid, visit www.studentaid.ed.gov. The following aid programs are available at PSC.
Grants, unlike loans, do not have to be repaid. Grants are awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for grants, with the exception of the TEACH grant. Grant eligibility is based on family income, family size, assets, and other information submitted on the FAFSA form.
The following types of grants are available:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and High Education Grant (TEACH)
Several loan programs are available to assist students with the cost of their education. Students must be enrolled on at least a ½ time basis to be eligible for loans. Stafford loan repayment begins six months after the student exits school or drops below ½ time enrollment. PLUS loan repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed. Visit www.nslds.ed.gov to find the U.S Department of Education’s information on your federal loan history, enrollment and repayment status, lenders and loan servicer(s).
The following loan programs are available:
- Federal Stafford Loan (for students) – interest rate
- Undergraduate subsidized loan
- Undergraduate unsubsidized loan
- Graduate unsubsidized loan
- First Time Student Loan Borrowers
- Federal PLUS Loan (for parents) – interest rate
Peru State College offers a wide range of scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, financial need, leadership and special abilities (athletics, art, music).