Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of functional anatomy and biomechanics of the human body.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the physiological basis for exercise and physical activity in direct application to strength and conditioning.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to assess health status, conduct fitness testing, and prescribe and administer exercise programs.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the principles of nutrition and the role of diet and exercise on body composition and weight control.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the neuromechanical aspects of human movement from both a process and product oriented approach and how to apply this knowledge to pedagogical or strength and conditioning program.
- Depending upon the program option selected, the student will either be adequately prepared for the field of K-12 health & physical education or for careers and/or advanced degrees and certifications in a variety of health and fitness organizations, including American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Health and Physical Education Endorsement (PK-12)
Athletic Coaching (7-12)