Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Early Entry program at Peru State College:
- Be juniors or seniors;
- Be chosen carefully and recommended by the high school academic staff;
- Meet the prerequisites of the courses;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of ‘B’ or its equivalent or better; or rank in the top half of their high school class; or earn an ACT composite score of at least twenty (20) or an equivalent score on another valid assessment
Students will be required to complete the Early Entry Application and acquire all signatures (student, parent/guardian, high school counselor/principal) prior to submitting the form. Payment is to be sent with the application, before registration.
Applications, along with payment, can be mailed to the Distance Education & Online Services Office, Peru State College, PO BOX 10, Peru, NE 68421 or faxed to 402-872-2435.
After the deadline, a course roster will be sent to the high school to verify that all students are enrolled in the correct courses for the term. If a student is not enrolled in the course as anticipated, please contact our office as soon as possible to rectify the situation.
The Access College Early (ACE) Scholarship is available to Early Entry Students, by the Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education. To be eligible, students must qualify for one of the federal benefit programs: Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Food Stamps, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program (WIC), Free or Reduced Price Lunches, or other extreme hardship.
Applications may be submitted online at www.ccpe.state.ne.us. Students need to apply for the ACE Scholarship immediately, upon joining the Early Entry program.
Any questions regarding the ACE application or application process can be directed to Ritchie Morrow, Financial Coordinator, CCPE, at Ritchie.Morrow@Nebraska.gov or by telephone at 402-471-0032.
A process has been developed for approving new school districts for participation in the Early Entry Program at Peru State College. Once a school is approved, additional coursework added at a later time will follow a similar process for approval.
Several forms are required prior to approval of courses. Materials needed for course approval are as follows:
- High School Course Approval Request Form
- Current Instructor Resume/Vitae
- Course Syllabus (Courses offered for dual credit should reflect the concepts taught in current PSC courses which can be found on current syllabi. Please visit the academic school web-sites at www.peru.edu and select faculty and staff for current syllabi used in PSC courses. For assistance in finding a specific course, please email DistanceEducation@peru.edu or call (888) 258-5558.
- Copy of text book cover and table of contents
- Letter of support from the high school administration
- Copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts showing degrees earned (copies ofofficial transcripts from school personnel files will be accepted.)
Once a school has been approved, a School Participation Agreement will be mailed to the administrator at that school to sign and send back to the college.
High school instructors will be required to submit a current syllabus prior to the semester for review by the Dean and should consider adopting the College’s textbook. Additional support and communication between the high school instructor and college faculty will be available each year.
Sherry Jones, Distance Education Coordinator