Traditional Early Entry
Students enroll for courses for dual credit taught by their high school instructor within the high school classroom. more
Students enroll in an online course through Peru State College, and have a high school mentor, to receive credit for the coursework through high school and Peru State College. more
Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Early Entry program at Peru State College:
- Be juniors or seniors;
- Be chosen carefully and recommended by the high school academic staff;
- Meet the prerequisites of the courses;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of ‘B’ or its equivalent or better; or rank in the top half of their high school class; or earn an ACT composite score of at least twenty (20) or an equivalent score on another valid assessment
All students participating in the Traditional or Online Early Entry program will pay a flat tuition rate of $60 per credit hour with no limits to the number of credit hours taken.
First time students will be required to pay a one-time matriculation fee of $15. Please note, students applying for the ACE Scholarship will still be required to pay the $15 matriculation fee. The ACE Scholarship does not cover this cost.
There are several advantages to participating in the Early Entry Program offered through Peru State College, such as:
- Earning credit that meets both high school and college requirements is an efficient outcome for the considerable amount of effort you invest.
- Courses will transfer to most colleges and universities and will count toward a general studies requirement or elective requirement which will save the student time. Students should check with their intended college to determine transferability prior to enrollment in courses. Most institutions will only accept transfer credit for students earning a “C” or higher in the course.
*Students may request a transcript online upon completion of the course through the Student Records Office.
- Students will pay less than a third of the cost of a normal college course through the Early Entry Program creating a money savings.
A student must be affiliated with a school or school district located in the state of Nebraska in order to take part in the PSC Early Entry Program.