When responding to us by email about a technical problem you are having within Blackboard, providing the following information will help speed-up the troubleshooting process:
- Course (ex: BUS 335-49A, EDUC 601-49X)
- Information about your computer, operating system, and browser
- Type of Internet service and provider
- Any error messages you received; the exact wording of the message is particularly helpful.
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 – Error report – Windows Internet Explorer
HTTP Status 404 - /courses/1/BUS 335/db/_518910_1/Week_2.doc
type Status report
message /courses/1/BUS 335/db/_518910_1/Week_2.doc
description The requested resource (/courses/1/BUS 335/db/_518910_1/Week_2.doc) is not available.
- A description of the problem you are having and where and when in Blackboard this problem does and does not occur.
- Is this problem intermittent or does it always occur?
- When was the first time you had this problem?
- Have you made any software changes updates since you were last able to use this function/feature?
- Were you able to perform this feature in Blackboard last semester?
- Does this feature/task work in your other online classes?
Back to ‘Common Issues’