|If you go into your course and only the 'Announcements' page appears, you have one of the following issues:
1) You are accessing your Announcements page and not actually the course.
2) You accidentally hid your course menu.
Please follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- When you first log into Blackboard, you arrive at your 'My Blackboard' page.
- To access your course, click on the course name, under 'My Courses' on the right.
- If you click on any of the Announcements found in the 'Announcements' or ' My Courses' modules...
...you would go to that course's Announcements page, and not into the course.
If that did not fix the issue, follow the steps below (option #2).
- When moving your mouse between the content area and the course menu...
- ...you may have a gray line appear.
- If you were to click on that gray line, your course menu would hide from yourself.
- To expand it and reappear again, you must move your mouse back over to the far, left side of the window - where the menu should be.
- A gray line should appear on the left side of your content area.
- Click on that gray line to expand your menu items again.
Back to ‘Common Issues’