The behavior can be seen here: http://www.screencast.com/t/IcqzqidSi.
While opening/editing Word documents, the following error message appears: "This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document." Clicking ok will open a Blackboard Login page within the document. While trying to open/edit PowerPoint files users are taken to a blank screen.
1) Add the Blackboard Website to Trusted sites.
- Choose 'Tools'
- 'Internet Options'
- Select the 'Security' tab
- Click on the 'Trusted Sites' icon
- Click the 'Sites' button
- 'Add' "http://perustatecollege.blackboard.com"
- Uncheck the box to “Require server verification (https:…"
- Click 'Close'
For a tutorial on this process, click the link below:
2) Download the document and open it from your hard drive.
3) Using Firefox will allow you to open the document from within your browser.
Back to ‘Common Issues’