Peru State College's SSS Summer Bridge program is a for-credit summer session designed to give a small group of highly motivated, first-year students a solid foundation for their college careers. Summer Bridge offers a mix of intensive academics and engaging activities, including:
- ENG 100 Elements of Composition (3 credit course)
- COLL 100 Elements of Personal Success (3 credit course)
- Math Boot Camp designed to refresh math skills and prepare you to challenge a placement in MATH 100
- Orientation to the Peru State College experience
- Introduction to SSS services and programs that will support you until graduation
- Social and cultural activities
- Academic Advising
Peru State College will waive tuition costs for the 6 credits associated with Summer Bridge enrollment. Most SSS participants are eligible for sufficient summer-session Pell Grant monies (through the 2013-14 FAFSA) to cover the costs of Summer Bridge housing, food, and college fees. Participants who apply for the 2013-14 FAFSA and are not eligible for Pell Grants may have some of their costs waived. However, participants who do not apply for the 2013-14 FAFSA will be responsible for the costs of room, board, and fees. Student Success Services will pay for instructional materials and academic and cultural events. The online FAFSA application is linked below.
IMPORTANT: The deadline for applying for the 2013-14 FAFSA is June 30, 2014.
There are so many advantages to participating in the SSS Summer Bridge Program. You won’t want to miss this opportunity. Some of the benefits include:
- Have the chance to earn free college credit
- Move into your residence hall early
- Enhance skills in college-level reading, writing, mathematics, and thinking
- Build relationships with professors, staff, other students, and community leaders
- Develop a support network with classmates and peer mentors
- Attend exciting activities and events
- Discover the benefits of SSS membership that will support your college success until graduation
Summer Bridge balances an enriching academic experience with fun activities and worthwhile social connections. The online portion runs from July 1 to July 26; the on campus part from July 27 until the start of New Student Weekend. During the on campus portion, Summer Bridge meets daily, and attendance at all programs is required. To kick everything off, participants and their parents are invited to attend a reception on Sunday, July 27.
Summer Bridge Information
Forms Required for Participation (Due by July 1, 2014)