Welcome to a new and challenging experience – an internship!
An internship gives you, the student, an opportunity to earn academic credit and possible income while applying classroom theory to a realistic work setting. The program enables employers, students, and the college to share in planned and meaningful work experiences.
- The internship program is an off-campus course and is initiated through Career Services. The Internship class is NOT registered on MyPSC as a regular class. Students are required to complete four (4) documents found at the Internship FORMS page to get the internship set up.
- Go to the Internship pages --> Please read the pages --> Process, Defined and FORMS (below) and read the instructions to initiate and register for an internship.
- Visit with your advisor to determine the credit hours for your internship.
- Internship Standards – One internship credit hour is equal to 40 hours of work. Example: three (3) credits x 40 hours = 120 hours of work documented on bi-weekly time sheets.
- A student may register from one (1) credit up to 12 credits for an internship. However, a student cannot register for more than 18 total hours during the semester you are completing your internship (18 credits includes regular class hours and intern credit hours). Only the Dean of the School may approve of more than 18 hours prior to setting up your internship.
- The last day to register for a Summer internship is Monday, June 3, 2013.
Coordinator of Cooperative Programs
Phone (402) 872-2436
Fax (402) 872-2437
Career Services Office
Peru State College
600 Hoyt, P.O. Box 10
Peru, Nebraska 68421