Welcome to a new and challenging experience – an internship!
An internship gives you, the student, an opportunity to earn academic credit and possible income while applying classroom theory to a realistic work setting. The program enables employers, students, and the college to share in planned and meaningful work experiences.
As of August 1, 2013, the college Internship Supervisor is Dr. Julie Taylor-Costello, Library 103, 402-872-2207, JTaylor-Costello@peru.edu.
- Student Information Form (Required to complete)
- Please complete the Student Information form and email to JTaylor-Costello@peru.edu. The form is the first form of contact with Dr. Taylor-Costello about your intent to complete an internship and serves to better assist you in getting the internship initiated.
- The internship program is an off-campus course. The Internship class is NOT registered on MyPSC as a regular class. Students are required to complete four (4) documents found at the Internship FORMS page to get the internship set up.
- Go to the Internship pages --> Please read the pages --> Internship Process, Internship Defined and Internship FORMS (below) and read the instructions to complete the forms.
- Visit with your advisor to determine the credit hours for your internship.
- Internship Standards – One internship credit hour is equal to 40 hours of work. Example: three (3) credits x 40 hours = 120 hours of work documented on bi-weekly time sheets. The time sheet template is on the Internship Forms page.
- A student may register from one (1) credit up to 12 credits for an internship. However, a student cannot register for more than 18 total hours during the semester you are completing your internship (18 credits includes regular class hours and intern credit hours). Only the Dean of the School may approve of more than 18 hours prior to setting up your internship.
- The last day to register for a Fall13 internship is Friday , September 20, 2013.
Peru State College
Peru, NE 68421