Office: Jindra 206
Office Phone: (402) 872-2267
Monday – 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. and 3:30 to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday – 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. and 1:15 to 1:45 p.m.
Wednesday – 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. and 3:30 to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday – 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. and 11:00 to 11:45 a.m.
Other times available by appointment.
14 Fall Course Offerings:
Eng 101 (section 000A) - English Composition
Eng 202 (sections 000A) - Appreciation of Literature
Eng 225 (section 000A) - Short Story
Eng 305 (section 000A) - Practicum in Composition
15 Spring Course Offerings:
I'll Always Die a Husker
EdD. English Education. 1987. University of Northern Colorado
MS. English Education. 1976. Chadron State College
BA. English Education. 1973. Kearney State College.
Preparing secondary English and language arts teachers.
Selected Professional Activities:
- Co-Director, Trails and Tales Institute and Tour: 1996 -2010, which has taken nearly 200 teachers on week-long tours of Nebraska, Kansas. South Dakota, and Wyoming historical and literary sites
- First Vice President of the Nebraska State Historical Society Board of Trustees
- Nebraska State College System Teaching Excellence Award (2000)
- Peru State College Teaching Excellence Award (2000)
- Speaker for Nebraska Humanities Council Speakers Bureau (have presented more than 200 programs throughout the state since 1996)
- Speaker/Performer, Nebraska State Day at the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts, Washington, D.C., (July 1999) and for the Eastern Nebraska State Quarter Launch at the Bob Devaney Sports Center (April 2006)
- Participant in National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Seminars: 2007 (University of Oklahoma), 1993 (Vanderbilt University), and 1990 (Dartmouth College)
- Welcome to Historic Nebraska!, a musical recording, released in November 2002, which features 18 traditional and original folk songs, plus a historical narrative, to tell the story of Nebraska’s early days
- Six papers published in national or regional professional journals
- One chapter published in an edited volume and an entry on Jules Sandoz published in the Student's Companion to American Literary Characters
- More than a dozen conference presentations at regional and national meetings of professional societies