You currently study or plan to study in the United States on a visa
- Submit an International Student Application Applicants must indicate the major course of study that they intend to complete. All international students must attend the main campus of Peru State College, located in Peru, Nebraska. International Students may start their education in the fall (August) or spring (January).
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent to Peru State College
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency. You must provide proof of English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Test of English Language as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
550 with no section score less than 56 (paper based)
79/120 (Internet based)
213 with no section score less than 22 (computer based)
- International English Language Test System (IELTS)
Minimum score of 6.5
Old SAT minimum: Reading 440, English/Writing 440
New SAT minimum: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 490
- Countries Exempt from this Requirement:
Citizens of Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales
- Submit a Statement of Financial Support (click link to download form) All International students applying for admission must complete a PSC Financial Certificate showing at least $15,000 (U.S. dollars) of funding for their first year of study. Students must also provide copies of bank statements showing $15,000 (U.S. dollars) from all sources providing funding for the student.
- Submit Transfer Eligibility Form (click link to download form) (Transfer Students Only) As a transfer student from an U.S. College or University, you are required to complete a Transfer Eligibility Form clarifying your status at your current institution. This form must be fully completed as part of your admission file. In order for your SEVIS record to be transferred to Peru State College, this form must be completed. Peru State College cannot issue an I-20 form to a transfer student unless your previous College or University transfers your record to our school in the SEVIS system.
- Submit Peru State College Health and Counseling Form (click link to download form) A Health and Counseling Form must be submitted. Proof of immunization (two separate doses of immunizations for measles, and a recent skin test for tuberculosis within the last year) must be provided in the form of a photocopy of your immunization records. Each of these must be identified in English on the record. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL IMMUNIZATION RECORDS as they will not be returned.
- I-20 & Acceptance Letter Mailing Please review the following information regarding mailing of your I-20 document and acceptance letter. You can expect an electronic copy of your admissions letter upon admission.
Fall Semester – June 1
Spring Semester – November 1
- After you have been accepted to Peru State College, please visit our Accepted Students page to determine your next steps.