In educating the individual to the benefit of society, Peru State College cultivates the capacity and propensity for life-long learning by fostering independent inquiry and promoting the value of knowledge and discovery. Through innovative undergraduate and graduate programs, Nebraska's first college continues its commitment to making a vital contribution to the future of the region and the state.
The Purposes of Peru State College support the accomplishment of the mission and are derived from the specific responsibilities assigned to the institution by the Nebraska State College System Board of Trustees and the Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education. These purposes are to:
- Provide an affordable and accessible quality education through high-quality teaching and emphasis on student learning to the citizens in the assigned service region.
- Provide its graduates with a solid foundation for continued life-long learning through a strong general education program.
- Provide quality baccalaureate degrees in selected academic fields, with emphasis on teacher education, business, and selected disciplines in the arts and sciences.
- Provide quality graduate programs leading to master's degrees in education and organizational management.
- Contribute to the development of the fields of knowledge and teaching in the disciplines represented in the College programs.
- Contribute to the economic and social/cultural development of the service region.
The Goals of Peru State College are to instill in our students:
- effective communications skills;
- computer and information literacy;
- independent critical thought and intellectual capacity for change;
- preparation to assume social and civic leadership roles;
- the ability to pursue intellectually, ethically, aesthetically, and physically rewarding lives.