In preparing students for success, Peru State College advisors empower students to engage in individual career exploration, foster growth through high expectations and enhance retention through personal discovery. Advisors facilitate the path towards personal and professional achievement through serving as a mentor to the whole student.
Advising FAQ (send questions to the VPAA)
- Using the Degree Audit
- Mapworks and Advising
- Programs and Majors
- General Studies Progress Sheets
- Progress Sheets
- College Catalogs
- Student Records
- GPA Calculator
Learn More about Peru State Resources for Students
- Student Success Services (TRIO) Program
- Career Services
- Academic Probation Advising
- Disability Services
Common Advising Forms and Requests
- Change of Major Form
- Course Re-Instatement Form (requires instructor approval)
- Late Course Add Form (requires instructor approval)
- Late Withdrawal from a Course (requires VPAA approval)
- Enrollment and Degree Verifications
- Academic Suspension Appeal Form (requires VPAA approval)
- Graduation Application
- Course Substitutions
- Course prerequisite waiver: Contact the Dean of the School offering the course.
- Excess credit appeals: Contact the Dean of the School in which the student is majoring.
- COLL 101 waiver: Contact the Dean of the School in which the student is majoring.
- Directed Study: Contact the Dean of the School in which the student is majoring.
- Transfer Course Work Approval Form
- Release of Information Authorization (For FERPA)
For Further Reading
- Stop Calling it a Minor (Sadegh, 2017)
“I gathered a small group of students and challenged them to make a connection between their academic majors and minors. With some prompting, they did. And afterward, almost without exception, they were more confident that pursuing a minor was not ‘just a waste of time.'”
- Top Traits of an Academic Advisor (HigherEdJobs.com)
- NACADA: NACADA promotes student success by advancing the field of academic advising globally. We provide opportunities for professional development, networking, and leadership for our diverse membership.
- Effective Academic Advising (Tenure, She Wrote, 2015)
- Thinking DEEPly about Academic Advising and Student Engagement (Kuh, 2006)